This is the time to learn. Even prior to the lockdown, I had a few goals for 2020 in terms of books I wanted to read. When the lockdown happened, it created the perfect opportunity to meet those goals and then some.
With some extra time I had due to the lockdown, I decided to allocate wisely. I think I've been able to learn and self-educate myself on more topics the last 5 months than I have the last 5 years.
Here are the areas of learning I was able to accomplish:
- Read more books. I bought a total of 11 books this year and have read at least half of them
- Sharpening my knowledge around Personal Finance and Investing in Equity Markets
- Deep dive research into the inner workings of startups, venture capital and private equity, founders and their funders
- Teaching myself how to code in Python (I've been wanting to do this one for years...can't believe a lockdown finally allowed me to follow through)
- Get back into blogging using a new platform (which is this blog)
- More awareness about the progress of Blockchain technology and various Crypto assets
The immense knowledge I've been able to gain in a short amount of time in these areas is absolutely priceless. The best investment you can ever make is in yourself.
This is the time to learn.